The Bat Jungle
Designed to introduce visitors to the incredible world of bats, The Bat Jungle in Monteverde offers a world class bat exhibit where live bats fly through a simulated jungle environment.
- Guided tour takes about 45 minutes
- 90 live bats of 8 species in an enclosure 17m (57ft) in length
- Our bats fly, eat, socialize, nurse their babies and even give birth right before your eyes
- Exhibit features a special ultrasonic microphone that allows visitors to hear bats echolocating (biosonar) and socializing in real time
- Designed and operated by Dr. Richard K. Laval, a well known bat biologist
- Located in the heart of old Monteverde, one of Costa Rica's top attractions